Some Day You'll Stay

Everyday gets harder as we cross the finish line,
When will our hopes and dreams align?
You make it seem so easy,
At times I get so queasy.

When I think about those times I am alone,
You were all I've known, I pick up the phone,
I put it back down, questioning myself,
If only I could leave all my memories on a shelf.

So if I looked in your eyes, I wouldn't fall,
At this moment, time could be such a stall,
If only I could get lost in your eyes once again,
Waiting for you is like waiting for it to rain,
You come every once in a while.

Everything about you disappears along with your smile,
I miss you when the days get longer,
Just by hearing your voice makes me stronger,
Even though you're far away,
I pray to God that some day you'll stay. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

If I Were To Write Our Story