Droplet vs. Ocean

When I'm with him,
It feels safe--normal.
I don't have to fight
To get a droplet of love.

He gives it willingly,
Something your actions
Failed to give and
Your words failed to say.

When I'm with him,
It feels like time has stopped.
For countless hours.
Timeless with so much joy.

I don't have to chase him,
To get a droplet of love.
He holds me tight,
He kisses my forehead with care.

When I'm with him,
He never fails to amaze me.
By his grace and patience.
By his attention and humor.

I don't argue with him
Like I did with you.
Where every word stung.
Where every action burned.

Believing that I wasn't 
Good enough for you.
Believing that I was 
The problem.

He doesn't make me feel small.
He doesn't make me feel unworthy.
To the point where I'd lose myself
Just to get a droplet of love.

When I'm with him,
I can conquer the world.
He supports me in ways 
You could not.

He respects my family 
And fits in like a puzzle piece
I had been missing
When I was with you.

I don't suffocate like I did
When I was lost in you, molding myself 
To be the perfect girl just 
So you could love me--choose me.

But in the end feeling like I lost 
The world, my future because
You didn't choose me.
And you didn't love me.

When I'm with him,
He fills me up with so much love,
Satisfying my hunger,
Satisfying my heart.

Giving me the ocean.
I never knew this kind of love.
Where its patient, kind,
Nurturing and doesn't fail

Once things get hard.
It pushes forward. For
Love and jealousy cannot
Occupy the same space.

When I'm with him,
I don't fall into my demons,
The same demons telling 
Me that he'd leave.

I know his heart--his goodness.
A goodness that I once 
Saw in you, but faded away
Due to time apart.

I'll choose him everyday.
And he'll choose me, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only Exist In Love

Those Three Words

Your Worth