It will take a lot of time... To Forgive You

I am broken, I am no longer myself,
Time to leave my heart on the shelf,
There won't be no more apologies I can take,
You were just a fake,

Who played with my heart to see me fall apart,
If only I knew from the start,
What you would have done,
The artist would no longer be called fun,

It will take a lot of time for me to forgive you,
I thought I knew you,
But you are just like all the others maybe even worse,
I wish I could make time reverse,

So I would stop myself from getting hurt,
You step on me as if I was dirt,
I thought you were someone I could trust,
But all that turned into dust,

Don't you think I had enough?
I am no longer that tough,
I wish I could erase the memories of you,
Because none of this we've been through,

Meant anything in your eyes,
All you ever said were just lies,
You make it seem so easy to move on,
Like if the clouds were breaking dawn,

Now it is too hard to forgive and forget,
You made me happy yet,
I now see I wasn't that special,
Go ahead... Leave me alone,

I will no longer pick up the phone,
That connected me to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay