Memory Lane

A trip down memory lane,
Ice skating, laughing, lovin'
Your smile branded into my brain.
Our hearts beating, woven

Together like lace.
A perfect day, stilled
Frozen in cold space.
Our bodies thrilled.

Your laugh echoing in my ears,
My hands kissing your cheeks.
Hopeful for the years,
Ahead, even in the upcoming weeks.

A trip down memory lane,
White Hallet Davis & Co. 
Singing in the time of rain.
The notes falling like snow.

Your lips touching mine
Behind a rolled down window,
Hoping that time will make it fine.
That I won't miss you.

It's been two years since that
Moment, social media doesn't fail
To remind me of my prince.
As if I'm behind bars in jail.

Waiting for you to release me,
Hoping you'd come home.
So I can rejoice in glee.
Maybe take a trip to Rome.

A trip down memory lane,
Weary kisses from a well-fed nap.
Love running through my veins.
Our bodies filling in the gap.

Holding you closely to my body.
Branding your touch into my skin.
You were always somebody
I loved no matter how long it's been.

I wish I could hold you.
Just so I can remember how it felt.
Instead of feeling like I have the flu.
Surrendering the sadness I dealt.

A trip down memory lane,
Is all I have left, all I am able to.
Tied up with chains.
Feeling extremely blue.

Digging my face into your neck.
Smelling your much needed scent.
I'm a walking wreck.
Remembering all that time I spent

Waiting for you to come back.
My heart yearning,
My skin trembling,
My lips wanting.

Ice skating, laughing, lovin'
White Hallet Davis & Co.
Weary kisses from a well-fed nap.
Standing out in the rain.

Waiting for you to come home.
Yet, my heart falling short.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only Exist In Love

Those Three Words

If I Were To Write Our Story