Your Depth

I think about those days.
Full of bliss and wonder.
Where the sun never 
Failed to shine.

Where my sleep was
Awakened by your sweet words.
Where my heart was 
Glowing with happiness.

I think about those days.
Full of love and beauty.
Where my skin never 
Failed to show you my love.

Goosebumps stenciled onto 
My warm skin as you grazed
Your fingertips across my back.
Skyrocketing my heart to the sky.

I think about those days.
Before it all happened.
Before your touch turned cold.
Before you silenced your I love you's.

I think about those days 
Where every moment 
With you froze.
Where we laughed close together.

I think about you.
What we could've been.
What we could've lived.
What we could've shared.

If you hadn't broken my heart.
If you hadn't left me.
If you hadn't given up.
If you hadn't treated me like you did.

I think about you.
Searching for answers
As the time ticks away
And you still haven't returned.

I think about those days.
Where my heart fluttered
With happiness.
And you were there.

You reignited that ember 
Inside my heart,
Burning like wildfire.
I gladly let you light it.

Then I let my guard down.
Wondering where I went wrong.
Thinking how I could've 
Made this better.

How I could've understood you.
How I could've changed things.
How I could've given you space.
How I could've been there for you.

I think about those days.
A place so safe and beautiful.
Digging my face beneath your chin.
Breathing in your scent. 

Branding the depth of your heart,
The touch of your skin,
The silhouette of your face,
And the sound of the piano in my brain.

Forever, breathing in my memory.
Wishing you an abundance 
Of happiness and a heart full
Of love, loving you from afar.

In silence.
Infinity times whatever you say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Our World... Your World... My World

Some Day You'll Stay