Two Kids

I feel your breath,
Against my hot skin.
When I close my eyes,
I see your face.

I feel your hands,
Sandwiching my face.
When I think of you,
I hear your voice.

We are no good apart.
I'm saddened by your departure.
Labeling me as just another.
When I wasn't.

I wasn't just some girl,
Whom you met so recently.
We were forced to pretend
We liked each other

When we were kids.
Not knowing the path 
Our future would lead us on.
Wondering what could've been.

We were just two kids,
Who always loved each other.
Yet, never admitting to it.
We wanted to prove them wrong.

Then you selfishly chose another
Over a happiness with me.
Not knowing that she would
Curse your future with me.

We were just two kids,
Who always wanted to be together.
Yet, denying our feelings.
Wanting to prove them wrong.

Then five years of separation,
United two souls who 
Always loved each other.
Blessing us with seven months.

And you made the decision,
To part ways.
Your heart and mind 
Wasn't over her.

And I fought for us.
Wanting this to work.
Wanting to believe that you 
Were my forever, human.

Yet, fighting for you 
Became useless.
I knew I couldn't change your mind.
I knew in my heart I wasn't enough.

It's been three months
Since I've heard your voice,
Kissed your skin,
And held your hand.

I still remember you like 
It was yesterday.
We were just two kids
Who always loved each other.

Even with the time apart.
I'll continue to love you.
I can only speak for myself.
You fell out of love with me.

Or Maybe it wasn't love at all.
I knew in my heart
That you couldn't fake it.
I saw it in your eyes.

You know I'll come around
In the moment, you choose to stay.
Admitting it was a mistake to part.
Weighing on two souls like an anchor.

I smell your scent,
When I close my eyes.
Counting to three,
Remembering your boyish smile.

Hoping that with time,
You'll come back home.
Holding my breath,
When you don't.

We were just two kids,
Who failed to love each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay