You

The days go by quickly.
Not giving me a chance to process
What I failed to hold onto.
But I can't force you to love me.

I can't force you to forget her.
Just like I can't force you to move on.
I failed as your person.
I failed holding onto you longer, tighter.

You allowed us to fail.
You no longer wanted me anymore.
You found best to push me aside
Than to fight for what we loved.

The reasons for you leaving aren't 
Good enough reasons anymore.
Because I'm left with this void 
Inside my chest, begging you to come back.

How is that fair? 
You 'loving' me.
Me loving you.
Then you leaving me.

For your own selfish reasons.
You didn't think of me.
You didn't think about how 
I was going to handle it.

You selfishly pushed me aside
Because you felt like it.
You never loved me.
You thought you did.

That's where I failed.
I allowed you to manipulate me.
To play me, to use me
For your selfish needs.

Using me to forget the past.
Yet only taking me down with you.
Now I'm left without my person.
The person I wanted to be with forever.

Accepting you for who you were.
Loving you unconditionally--immensely.
Wanting you to be my other half.
Holding you safely in my embrace.

Yet in this lifetime.
You didn't choose me.
You chose to be lonely.
You chose to give up on me.

Now, my heart is trying to run
Like an old car hoping to roar to life.
Now, my hands are trying to forget
Like getting arthritis-- painful.

Now, my eyes are trying to look away
Like a child afraid of the dark.
Now, my nose is trying to avoid your scent
Like my brain trying to forget the memory.

You allowed your past to dictate 
Your happiness because you didn't 
Know how to love me,
Trust me, hold me.

If you loved me at all.
You would've fought.
You would've kept holding on.
You wouldn't have left me.

You say you knew what you
Wanted but you didn't
Really know.
You were just using me.

I don't think I'll forgive you
For giving up on something
That would've been great.
That would've made us happy.

All the while you are searching
To fill the emptiness inside your chest.
I'll be chasing my dream.
A dream I had before you.

I hope you find happiness.
Someone who can see the value 
Inside of you, like I did. 
But with your actions

Made me no longer
Trust you, love you.
That with separation 
You'll grow to miss me.

Yet, you're a stubborn man.
I know you.
You won't come back to say you do.
Instead you'll fade away

With the thoughts of 
What we could've been.
Plaguing your mind 
Until you're no more.

And if we're meant to be,
Then we'll be.
If not, then I wish you all the 
Happiness in the world.

Hoping to see you in another lifetime.
A place where you choose me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Only Exist In Love

Our World... Your World... My World