Injected Pain

To Him:

I remember that moment a few seconds before you said "I love you." I remember how your voice vibrated with nervousness and how my heart fluttered in my chest. As my mind tried to make up reasons why we shouldn't be together. The mind can fool the heart and the heart can forgive the mind. Yet, nothing else mattered except you and I in that special moment. 

Do you remember that moment a few seconds before you said "I love you"? I remember how you played with your fingers as you approached the subject. I also remember how I said "I love you". A few minutes after you spoke your mind. Every syllable that escaped my tongue was like a sky of shooting stars. Overall, my heart remembers how you made me feel.

Like a bullet to the chest, you left a few months later, stripped me naked, and my heart fell heavy like the moon. You apologized for what you did but that didn't fix the venom you injected through my veins. One droplet at a time made me fall to my knees. But you didn't help me up... You left without looking back and every step you took made me ache even more. 

I got up from my knees, and I let go of all the guilt. I let myself live again. After a year of no words spoken that's when I began to live. You found someone who makes you happy, someone who gave you what you needed, and I realized that I wasn't enough. I was never enough when it came to love. I was sick of it. 

Do you remember how you left me? Your footsteps sizzled in my ears as yow walked away. The door slammed like a bullet to the heart because my heart was the one that failed me. My mind knew who you were and she warned me by every lie you told. Yet, I let my heart guide me onto a path that I was hesitant to take. I swallowed my sorrows, left the past behind, and I allowed myself to live again.

After everything you did to me. I hate myself to keep on loving you. 

From Her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay