Bullets of Regret

To Her:

My apologies are never enough to fix the pain I injected into your veins. I remember how much you cried when I said my goodbyes, and how I felt when I saw you fall to your knees. I didn't cry, I didn't ache. I was cold to the touch-- feeling no sympathy. I didn't deserve you, not at all. 

You deserved more than what I offered. You are beautiful and kind. I'm a fool to have let my fears get the best of me. I was afraid to love you more than anything else in this world. The way you looked at me was something I wasn't ready for. I was afraid to love you and then lose you right after. That was my biggest fear.

I remember how my voice vibrated right before I said "I love you". And the sound of your cries as I left out the door. I didn't deserve your tears. I hope you know that I will continue to love you until the end of my days. But for now I'm weak, pathetic, and an immature man. You deserve someone that respects you, that cries with you, that holds you tight in his heart, and someone who feels what you feel.

Someone that could offer you more than I could. I'm no one you deserve. I remember how you silently wept behind the door, not letting anyone know that you're in pain, and letting me make one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I remember how my footsteps sizzled in my ears as I left. It was like thousands of bullets in the chest of regret and fear.

You were the greatest gift and I wouldn't change the moments we had together. I remember your radiant blue eyes, the love that flourished through the glossiness in your reflection, and how they made me once feel. So with a heavy chest, and my heart anchored... I let you go because I know that you deserve someone better. And that person isn't me. 

After everything I did to you. I hate myself for leaving you, giving into my fear of commitment. 

From Him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay