Anchored Heart

Look into my eyes,
What do you see?
Is it love? Is it pain?
What's the meaning of this?
Let me see your brown eyes.
Right before you leave.

To engrave them into my mind.
The way it shines under the light.
You are everything and so much more.
Look into my eyes,
What do you see?
Is it hopelessness? Or am I insane?

The ocean blue sea,
Trashed, dirty, no longer clear.
Just like my heart,
Anchored in defeat. 
Nothing makes sense,
It all goes dense.

This is too much to bear.
The aching pain that burns
Through my veins.
Lips pale, heart cold.
Weak in the knees,
As you watch me fall.

Look into my eyes again,
See what you've done.
Forgive and Forget,
Is what I should do.
Don't get fooled.
Even though I did.

With a knot in my throat.
I said my goodbyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay