Everyday

Everyday, I hope for you to see.
That I wasn't going anywhere.
Anywhere I wanted to go.
With you, is where I wanted to stay.

Everyday, I wish for you to understand.

That it wasn't all about you.
It was about me, too.
Yet, you chose the easier route and left.

Everyday, I pray that you had good reasons.

That you thought it through.
With clarity and love.
But that wasn't how you decided.

Everyday, I hope to see you once again.

To get a better understanding.
Of why I'm lost and broken.
You don't seem to care, do you?

Everyday, I wish you had thought about me.

How I was going to take it.
My thoughts of your silence.
But you only thought of yourself.

Everyday, I pray that you'll realize that this

Was for real, that I fell for who you are.
That I wanted this to be played out right.
I meant when I said I didn't want to rush this.

You took the matter into your own hands.

You washed them clean and brushed me aside.
I can't even think about you without crying.
My heart has cracks, my trust has been smashed.

You didn't seem to care about what I felt.

You stepped aside because it was easier.
You shut me out because that's the kind of man you are.
Even after all that, I care about you.

Everyday, I can't breathe without you.

I hope that one day you'll come back.
If it wasn't today, then it be the next day.
I hate that I still want you even after all this time.

And I pray that the memories of you
Won't continue to break me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

If I Were To Write Our Story