You Are

I always want what I can't have.
Everyday it gets harder,
Trying to forget you.
You are what I want.

I try to erase your touch 
From my skin.
But, it lingers on and on.
You are what I dream about.

I wonder about where it went wrong.
How someone great
Could walk away from my life.
You are what I need to feel me.

I think about your smile,
Every time before I close my eyes.
It's been six months.
You are what I breathed for.

Maybe it was all me.
It's been six months since 
I've seen your beautiful face.
I pressured you and I'm sorry.

I never thought it would end like this.
Strangers for all eternity.
I believed that somehow my luck has changed.
That you wouldn't leave me...

Like every other man in my life. 
It felt like you were different.
You made me feel like I was anchored down.
As if I wouldn't fly away.

Because you were with me.
Now I feel like a broken record.
Replaying all the memories
Until it becomes worn out.

So I always want what I can't have.
And you made me feel known.
Made me feel loved.
Made me feel seen.

And baby, I'm okay as long as you are.
You are my short-lived blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Only Exist In Love