Unprinted Story

      When I'm with you.
I forget all that surrounds me. I just listen to the sound of your breathing as you lay your face upon my lips. I listen to the sound of your heartbeat thump beneath my fingers as you begin to close your eyes to rest. You hold me tight when I feel cold, you warm every inch inside my body, stroking my skin upon my hand to let me know that you're not going anywhere. You lightly kiss my lips over and over, generating so much happiness in the depth of my core. 
       When I'm with you.
I allow myself to let go of the past because all that really matters in this moment. The moment where you take me into your arms and soothe me to sleep. Every time I move, you pull me in tighter and I've never felt so safe. You make me feel comfortable and it scares me every time. It scares me that I could fall for you and you not with me. That terrifies me. Yet, right now I'm content. I don't need more than what you give me. You give me moments of tranquility and happiness. I need nothing more.
       When I'm with you.
I lace my fingers with yours and hold you tight. Make you feel everything I feel. Let myself fall into your arms with everything I have. And yes, I'm terrified. Seeing your face, seeing your smile, and seeing your beautiful brown eyes glisten into mine. And in the end it'll be for nothing. Hearing your voice ring in my ears with so much sincerity. I'm not good with words. I'm not good telling you how I feel, vocally. Yet, when I'm with you I'm not scared. I want to tell you all that I feel but my voice gets stuck. I can't help it.
      When I'm with you.
I smell your scent because it makes me feel safe. It triggers the many memories I've had with you like a slideshow and I like to hold onto that scent as long as I can. So I can remember you. So I can just be with you. So I can know you existed. I'm someone to hold my guard up but I can't do that with you and I don't understand why. I'll never understand why. And you can be one who can live about your life and feel fine just without me. That you don't need me like I need you and that's what scares me. 
       When I'm with you.
My heart trembles with nervousness as if every nerve in my body becomes numbed. Although, I know you won't hurt me at least you won't try to. And if you do hurt me, then it can't be worst than my first. Nothing could be worse. But I will always be here for you because you mean more to me, then, now, and in the future.
       Our story isn't over yet, and I'm not ready to print it. 
      And I hope you feel the same way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Our World... Your World... My World

Some Day You'll Stay