Bella

Baby girl, I'm sorry
For making a decision
I never thought I had 
To make and so soon.

My heart is broken.
My heart misses you.
My heart wants you back.
My heart doesn't understand.

Baby girl, I'm sorry.
The more I think about it.
The more I grow sad
Because I don't have you anymore.

My furry best friend
Who knew me better than
I knew myself.
Who understood me.

This loss makes me feel empty.
More empty than on that 
Fateful 3rd day of April.
Losing you tipped me over.

I don't see the light.
I don't see how this teaches
Me a lesson, a lesson on not 
Loving something so much

Because at any moment
It would be taken from me.
Like you were stolen from me
Without any warning.

We had a beautiful day
Full of light and happiness.
Then it turned dark
At the twilight of six-thirty.

I thought I had lost enough.
I guess that loss back in April 
Didn't count... it wasn't enough.
I had to be given one more loss.

If this was a lesson to learn
Well it's a pretty messed up one.
Using my baby girl as pay back
Is the definition of cruel.

She didn't deserve the ending
I had too choose
Just so she wouldn't be living 
In pain while I selfishly kept her here.

That's no way I wanted 
My baby girl to live.
She was full of light.
She was my little soulmate.

I miss her paws.
I miss her loud bark.
I miss her kissing my face.
I miss her cuddling next to my body.

Baby girl, I'm so sorry.
I didn't want this.
If I can make a wish,
I'd bring you back.

But, life doesn't work that way.
Now I have to live the rest of
My life waiting to see you again.
I thought I had another six or 

Seven years with you.
Never thinking I'd have to cut 
It short right before you 
Turned six.

I'm angry and hurt.
The thought of not seeing
You poisons my every move.
Missing you and loving you

At the very same time.
Hoping to see you, hold you, kiss you.
If I had known August 28th 
Would've been my last day

With you... I would've held you
Tighter, kissed you longer.
But, my heart will continue
To beat to your unfailing memory.

Bella, you'll always be my Honey Bun.
I'll love you until my very last breath. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Only Exist In Love