Only Exist In Love

Things are different now.
I'm happy and feel beautiful.
I'm loved and protected.
I laugh more than I cry.

Things are different now.
My heart is in a safe place.
My eyes are seeing the world.
My ears can hear his voice.

Things are better now.
There's no more weight
Hanging over my shoulders.
There's no more pain.

Things are better now.
I don't find myself 
Crawled up in a ball--
Crying the night away

As you close your eyes
And rest for the night.
You look happy.
And I'm happy for you.

We weren't good together.
We weren't meant for each other.
We got caught up in the familiarity
Of our childhood...

Warm kisses and safe touches.
You sucked me into your sadness.
Making me believe that I didn't
Deserve any better than what I was given.

Things are brighter now.
The sun is kissing my skin.
Love is embracing me with warmth.
Laughter is surrounding me with safety.

Things are brighter now.
He wakes up everyday,
Tells me he loves me.
And I fall more in love with him--

By his actions and by his warmth.
I don't have to beg for him to look at me,
To notice me in the darkness. 
He reminds me that I'm the light.

He looks into my eyes in a way
You never could and everyday
I'm reminded that I deserve him.
That he deserves me.

So yes, things are different now.
No stress, no worries, and no empty promises.
Just beauty and joy that can only exist in love.
Our love--that continues to bloom, every single day.

I am so happy that you're happy.
I can see the light lit inside your heart.
What a beautiful moment to witness.
What a wonderful moment to feel okay.

And so things are different--a good different now.
But you'll live forever in my memory, here's to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay

Our World... Your World... My World