Loyal Sunlight

I can be loyal.
I can be free.
I can say your name.
I can walk away.

Dancing beneath the starlight.
Nervous breaths taken by the room.
Darkness enveloped around our bodies,
As we cuddled beside each other. 

I can be loyal.
I can hold your hand.
I can tell you the things you want to hear.
I can play the part, just like you.

Awakening to the mild sunlight,
Messy hair, morning breath, 
And the taste of your lips against mine.
Waking me until I reacted.

I can be loyal.
I can be who you want me to be.
I can love you.
I can hate you.

Pulling me tightly within your embrace.
As you kiss every inch of my skin.
Feeling my emotions burst,
Like fireworks on 4th of July. 

I can be loyal.
I can take in your words.
I can let the pain go.
I can forget the things I don't want to remember.

Breaking my heart.
Sucking me dry.
Feeling the numbness surround my body.
As you walked, before I got to.

Like I said, I can be loyal to you.
Be faithful, make you smile.
Make you believe in love again.
Make me want you more and more.

As you try to numb your senses.
Wanting me everyday without getting it.
Rewriting my name on a piece of paper.
But never sending it.

Never feeling it.
Never understanding it.
Never realizing that you want me,
Just as much as I want you.

I can be loyal.
I can cuddle beside you.
I can kiss your neck.
I can hug you tight.

Convincing you that my love is enough.
More than enough to carry the 
Weight off your shoulders.
I can make you happy.

All you need is to be free.
All you need to do is let me.
All you need to do is let go of your pride.
All you need to do is hold onto me.


And I'll tattoo your name,
Onto my heart, Forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

If I Were To Write Our Story