Broken Promises

Do you remember? 
What you said on that starry night?
Do you remember?
My breath against your skin?

I remember you, everyday.
Like fresh brewed coffee on a Sunday Morning.
Like freshly cut flowers on the window sill.
Remembering those laced promises.

They became static noise on a radio.
Broken promises embedded in my fingernails.
Remembering the touch of your skin.
My heart beating like drummers.

Do you remember?
How you told me babe?
Do you remember?
That you weren't going to be like the others?

I remember, wanting you.
Feeling like time stopped because I had you.
Like nothing else mattered.
Remembering those webs of moments.

Do you remember?
My touch against your lips?
Do you remember?
The way I held you?

I remember, loving you.
Like you were my ray of sunshine.
Like my way of breathing. 
Remembering your person through all your mistakes.

Texting me in the morning before I woke up.
Always finding new ways to tell me,
That I was beautiful.
Making me smile when you spoke Spanish.

We both knew how cute you were.
We both knew we wanted each other.
But distance and lack of effort,
Got in the way of our happiness.

Writing is how I've dealt 
With the withering pain in my joints.
It's how I will get over this hump
Without you.

Do you remember?
How we kissed beneath the stars?
Do you remember?
How I held you within my embrace?

Do you remember your promises?
Date night bowling, kissing, hugging.
Wanting to go to Six Flags.
Always telling me that I deserved more.

Going places together.
Trying new places.
Intertwining our hands.
As we walked beneath the night.

Do you remember?
How you broke every single one?
Your green eyes closed,
Before I got to convince you.

That I was going to try 
And make you happy.
You beat me to the punch. 
I wish I crossed the finish line, first.

Then maybe I wouldn't be,
Bleeding into my keyboard.
Remembering you, and all
Your memories.

The memories I know I no longer want,
But still haunted with.
I hope you find your happiness.
I hope your better.

Remember that I cared for you.
Even when you didn't deserve it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

If I Were To Write Our Story