Loss of Sight

I lay awake to the sound of freedom.
Holding back my breath.
As I continue to open up,
And forgive those who've wronged me.

My eyes are weary of disappointment.
My ears don't believe in the lies.
My heart doesn't trust anymore.
That's what you've done to me.

I apologized to those who 
Don't appreciate it.
Those who don't 
Appreciate me.

I let in those who broke
My heart, trust and friendship.
As if I was down on one knee,
Pleading for your forgiveness.

My eyes are open to your eyes.
You were just some illusion.
You didn't care for me.
You wanted to strip me naked.

You were far from what 
I had envisioned in my head.
I praised you, trusted you.
All you did was use me.

For your own pleasures and satisfaction.
Now, I am the one who doesn't
Forgive you because you don't deserve it.
You got what you wanted.

I no longer find you appealing.
More appalling than anything.
You left me when I needed you.
I won't forgive your departure.

Your manipulation.
Your constant need to feel loved.
I could've loved you, unconditionally.
I wasn't enough.

I am happy, and in love.
In love with the same boy.
Reuniting with him has been amazing.
My childhood friend who I lost sight of.

I am hopeful for the future.
Hopeful that I'll get everything
You couldn't give me.
Yet, gaining so much more.

A genuine love that gives 
Me goosebumps by his slightest touch.
Looking into a set of eyes.
Holding his perfectly fit hand.

Hugging him as if he was
My missing puzzle piece.
Making me feel more home.
Than I had been in the last 5 years.

The last five years without him.
We argue, talk, and love.
He sees all my imperfections
And makes me blossom.

He is everything I've always wanted.
And I blame you,
For making me lose sight of him.
I blame you.

All the while you're looking
For Ms. Perfect...
I'll be bathed in happiness.
Loving a man who loves me back.

Hopeful for a long and bright future.
Loving each other, forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay