I've Held My Heart A Thousand Times

Everyday is a brand new day,
Filled with the wildest dreams,
Although there might be a lot to say,
Nothing is what it seems.

I've held my heart a thousand times,
Many battles within my life,
Been a witness to your crimes,
I will never be your wife.

You have buried my soul underneath the pain,
I no longer live for happy endings,
As if you got me wrapped up in chains,
No longer are there findings.

Yet hope for a different outcome,
I am afraid to look in your eyes,
It's like hearing a never ending drum,
You have always been in disguise.

I loved you for who you were,
Not for who you become,
Our past is like an endless blur,
Making who I am numb.

I've held my heart a thousand times,
But you were who made me fly,
If I had a million dimes,
I would no longer say goodbye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

If I Were To Write Our Story