Reality Hurts

Have you ever experienced love at first sight? Have you ever had a feeling at the pit of your stomach that was uncontrollably sweet? Ever a moment where you wanted to know that person standing in front of you?Well I had only one moment and it turned into utter disaster...

I remember looking into the eyes of a handsome man who was defined by his radiating smile. Maybe I was intrigued by his internal sweetness upon first meeting. Maybe it was the situation, the location or maybe even something else. That moment is burned into my mind. I know exactly where I was standing and who I was with. There was just something about him that caught my eye. Maybe it was fate to meet him...fall in love then get my heart broken in order to learn a lesson. Maybe it was to make me stronger. Who knows? But what I do know is that what I felt for him was pure, beautiful, patient and kind. No hardship or fouls or jealousy/ridicule. Just hope that maybe I found the "one". Who is exactly the "one"? How do you know? Some say that a man knows when she is the "one" upon meeting. But I am not even sure if that is possible.

At times I feel lonely because of all the hopelessness. I either begin to like someone who doesn't feel the same way or vice-versa. Then there are those guys who are afraid of being attached and ultimately walk away. Then those who are just trying to get into your pants. Well I have experienced all of those types of guys. Yet I haven't come to know the "real" guy whom will fight to be with me. I have had the worst luck in the world when it came to finding a guy. 

Some say I repel them...and sometimes I begin to believe it's true.

So love at first sight seems like a myth to me. It doesn't trap a connection, it doesn't make you follow that person. Love at first sight ceases to exist because of society. No one tries to romance the other person or try really hard to be with that person. When it comes to love at first sight...we fall in love with the romantic movies. You know the movies that make us believe that there is a love like this. In all honesty there isn't. I try so hard to make myself believe that it is true but the more I trap myself in this fantasy the more I am pulling myself away from reality. A bitter sweet love of life. I am no longer living if I trap myself into the books or movies. 

I am not saying that people don't experience love at first sight. It is possible but I just haven't had the luxury of having it. Someday I hope I will but the way I am going...it doesn't seem like an option. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay