My Light

The light becomes dimmer,
My heart seems to linger,
For a way to love you again, 
If only I could break the chain,

I will always remember,
The day you said farewell,
No one else can compare,
You will never restore,

All that you damaged,
Many times I feel like a savage,
Of your broken promises,
You have so much confidence,

To let me go,
And I didn't know,
That this would end in a goodbye,
I always think why,

I had it all planned out,
For I had no doubt,
I was going to walk down the aisle,
Dressed in white with a smile,

Holding you very close,
You would have given me a rose,
Yet you are gone,
Always breaking dawn,

All I have is your voice in my head,
Now I have to look ahead,
Never looking back,
I must get back on track,

All I have are pictures,
Looking in the mirror,
To a path of no return,
Your love is what I earn,

I miss you oh so dearly,
Seeing your face so clearly,
You will live in my heart,
We will never part,

For I love you,
It is something that I knew. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay