Failed Chapters

The stories are fading away
Like the chapters that have come and gone
Remembering you in the face of the pain
Wanting this ache inside my chest 

To go away, so I won't feel it anymore.
So, I won't remember what it was like
To love you, to have you.
Missing my best friend.

Desperately, wanting to break 
Away from the grip of your hands
Just so I can breathe again.
I stay awake at night.

Praying to God,
To erase the memories inside my head
To get rid of the demons
Clawing at my insides.

Twisting my heart, clenching into
The veins of the chambers.
Waiting to grow completely numb
Not wanting to feel the pain.

What love caused me to feel.
I fell in love with you,
You mended my heart
Then quickly shattered it.

You didn't even look back
To see if I was okay,
To see if I'm breathing,
To see how I'm coping.

Instead, I'm left with silence.
A silence that can fit 
The entire solar system.
The orbit we once were floating in.

We were each other's shooting stars
Flying higher than the clouds
Loving each other the way we were 
Meant to.

Yet, love wasn't enough to 
Sustain the heavy storm that 
Was meant to Pour.
The love story wasn't enough.

I wasn't enough to settle your 
Own demons, the very ones
That didn't let you breathe,
That didn't let you forget.

Now, I'm the one who's left
In the same position.
Checking up on you through
A third party.

Through social media.
Venting the pain I feel
Every time I see you post something
Being entirely okay.

I finally deleted the pictures.
All I'm left with is the green jacket
Hidden in my closet,
The pictures on my phone,

And the memories inside my head.
At times, I wish I was the one to leave
But, that's the thing with a girl like me
I love and hold on for as long as I can

Hoping that I can keep us from falling apart
But we were a unhinged door,
At the edge of falling down.
In the end we did, we failed.

You let us fail.
You broke my heart.
You consume my mind.
You did this to me.

The love story is fading away
Just like the chapters that have come and gone.
Hoping for you to find your way.
Hoping for you to wake up and be happy.

Remembering the moment 
When I thought you were mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Our World... Your World... My World

Some Day You'll Stay