Tattooed Memories

I stared into your eyes. 
You painted our life together in my head. 
I started to believe it. 
I started to like the idea of holding you. 

I kissed your lips. 

You stained my skin with your touch. 
I started to feel it. 
I started to like the idea of loving you. 

I held your hand. 

You branded my heart with your love. 
I started to know it. 
I started to like the idea of keeping you safe. 

I wrapped my body around you. 

You locked my whole being in your pocket.  
I started to keep it. 
I started to like the idea of tying myself to you. 

I don’t want anyone else. 

My heart is yours. 
Even when you don’t see it. 
Even when you don’t want it. 

You sang me your promises. 

You played your heart through the piano. 
You held me like I’ve never been held. 
You saw me when I felt invisible. 

I miss you like I’ve never been loved. 

I miss you even when you don’t. 
I love you even when you broke my heart. 
I love you despite your broken promises. 

You stared into my eyes

I agreed with you on our future. 
You wanted to believe it. 
You wanted to like the idea of me. 

You kissed my lips. 

I tattooed my touch to your skin. 
You wanted to feel it. 
You wanted to like the idea of only loving me. 

You held my hand. 

I revealed myself to you in every possible way. 
You wanted to cherish it. 
You wanted to like the idea of me keeping you safe. 

You wrapped your body around me. 

I locked your promises in my pocket, cherishing it. 
You wanted to keep it. 
You wanted to like the idea of me standing by you. 

You vowed to me that I was your forever. 

I vowed to you that I’ll love you forever. 
You vowed to me that you didn’t want anyone else. 
I vowed to you that I’ll be yours. 

Things change in a second. 

I’m still processing the change. 
I miss my best friend. 
I relied on you for comfort. 

Now, I have to learn to love myself. 

Even if that’s taking my love bug out of the picture. 
Even if that’s stripping you from my life. 
Even if that means you finding another. 

Just know that I’ll always love you. 

Loved you since I was a little girl. 
Loved you since you didn’t see me. 
Hoping that I touched your heart. 

That I meant something to you. 

That I meant more to you than a rebound. 
That you loved me enough to carry me with you. 
That you felt my love for you. 

So, yes the thoughts of you flood my mind. 

Of what we could’ve been. 
Hoping that you’ll come home to me. 
Hoping that being apart from you is temporary. 

I’ll pray and pray. 

Hoping for a miracle
That our love wasn’t just a chapter. 
But a New York Bestseller. 

You are my forever, sweetheart. 

That won’t ever change. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay