Laced Memories

His green comets,
Flushed with starlight.
His hands intertwined 
With my shaky hands.

Nervousness bubbling
Within my veins.
He made it seem like
Everything will be okay.

As long as he was beside me.
Just as long he wanted me to.
Our voices laced with grace.
As we fell asleep to each other's breaths.

His green comets,
Enveloped with love.
His lips rested on my skin.
I took a long breath. 

Wanting everything to stay,
To freeze time so I won't lose him.
He complimented me.
He gave me the attention I desired.

What I always desired.
Then his green comets
Were no longer bright green.
The star-love quality disappeared.

And I was left with the brokenness of things.
I was left starving to have him back.
Forgotten, Lost, and Broken.
I miss him, everyday.

I see his eyes, everyday.
I feel his touch, everyday.
I hear his voice, everyday.
Laced together in bittersweet memories.

Memories I can no longer create.
Memories I can no longer hold.
Memories I wish I can forget.
Memories I hoped will soon mean nothing.

Just so the pain would sizzle less.
Just so the vacancy in my heart,
Vanishes and a new love can 
Regrow, again. 

His green comets,
Melts away all the care.
His hands unlaced 
From my shaky hands.

And I miss his smile.
Just as much I miss his person. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay