Dreaming of A Bigger Dream

Hold your breath,
Grab my hand.
Count to three,
And reach for the stars.

Believe you got it all.
That you know it all.
Right from the start,
Say a prayer.

Your voice calms me down.
Always holding me tight.
I know I'm so far 
From reaching you.

Hold out for another few years.
I'll be ready to take the fall.
Writing novels, poems, and lyrics.
Will get me to you.

Patience is something I can't touch.
Wanting to fast forward,
Five more years.
To find my happiness.

They make it look so simple.
Finding and receiving their dreams,
So easily, while I'm still stuck.
Trying to hold on for a tad longer.

A few years back, my dream
Seemed so clear.
Now, I'm here still trying
But failing to keep going.

My day will come,
When it does I'll be happy.
He won't matter to me.
Because I have something to fall on.

I have something I've always wanted.
So, hold your breath.
Count to three.
And reach for the stars.

Your dream will come.
Just like Prince Charming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay