The Little Things

I cradled you in my arms.
Gazing into your green comets,
Wanting to hold you forever.
I didn't want my happiness to end.

I kissed your lips gently.
Caressing your skin with my touch,
Wanting to keep you safe.
I didn't want your feelings to change.

I ran my fingers through your hair.
Memorizing the way you closed your eyes,
Wanting to stay in this moment.
I didn't want you to leave.

I laced my hand with yours.
Rubbing your skin with my thumb,
Wanting to super glue our bodies together.
I didn't want to lose you.

Now when I go out,
I remember your face in my brain.
Wanting to forget the way you looked at me.
Wanting to forget all the little things.

The way you kissed my nose with the graze of yours.
The way you smiled into my face.
The way you repeated my line, "Ni modo."
The way you wrapped around me like a blanket.

The way you kissed me so gently, modestly.
The way you walked on the side closest to the street.
The way you looked into my eyes, with your green gems.
The way you hugged me super tight.

The time you remembered my birthday.
The time you remembered my favorite snack.
Always seeming to remember my love for Arrow over the Flash.
Always making fun of me when I watched my novelas.

Remembering how you said, "hola, como estas bonita?"
Remembering your good morning text messages.
Remembering your sweet smile.
Remembering our first date, seems like yesterday.

I cradled you in my arms.
Gazing into your green comets,
Wanting to hold you, forever.
I didn't want my happiness to end.

You were real as can be.
Wanting to be that person for me.
Yet, it all became too much.
I should've listened to my gut.

I caressed your lips with the tip of my nose.
Feeling you pull me in tighter,
Wanting to tattoo your touch onto my heart.
I didn't want this to be short lived.

I'll always love you.
I hope you find your happiness.
I'll always think of you.
I hope you do too, even if it's a little.

Achieve your goals, my Hulk.
And I'll do the same.
Wishing you the best from here on.
While at the same time holding you tight in my heart.

I'm cradling your soul closer to mine.
And I'm kissing your nose with all I have left.
I'm remembering your laugh,
And at the same time, I'm finally letting go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay