Baby, You...

Baby, you told me what I wanted to hear.
You looked into my eyes, 
With a sparkle of love.
I believed every little thing.

You held me the way I wanted.
You pulled me closer,
After every break of fresh air.
I believed you wanted me.

You took me to all these places.
You laced my hand with yours,
While gently rubbing my skin.
I believed you loved me.

Now, when I think about you.
I can't help but get teary eyed.
Wondering if this was a game from the start.
You checked mate, me.

Baby, you hugged me the way I wanted.
You smelled my hair,
With a peak of interest.
I believed we were going to last.

You kissed my lips the way I expected.
You broke away from me,
And looked into my face.
I believed that my heart was going to be okay.

You breathed me in the way I needed.
You told me your past,
And I accepted you with open arms.
I believed you weren't going to leave.

Now, when I think about you.
I can't help but wonder if I meant anything.
If I meant just a sliver of happiness.
That this wasn't a game that I lost.

That this wasn't something you regret.
That you wanted me the way I wanted you.
Wanting to make love to you beneath the starlight.
Wanting to hold you tighter within my embrace.

Wanting to believe that I meant something...
Anything, at this point to make the pain sizzle less.
Baby, I remember the way you looked at me.
It wasn't a game, you weren't a game to me.

I wanted to protect you the way you needed to.
I wanted to hold you tight.
I wanted to breathe you in and love you.
More than anything I wanted you to feel the same.

Now, when I think about you.
I can't help but hope that you're happy.
That I wasn't just some fling.
That I meant more to you than just another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Some Day You'll Stay