Disney Magic

Christmas lights down
Main Street, your brown
Eyes beneath the sky
Your smile so shy.

Two years ago,
Our heartbeat so slow
Counting the seconds
Between every caress.

Churros, popcorn, New Orleans,
Kisses that felt like fireworks.
Holding me close to your body
As the cold blew against our cheeks.

Holding hands, whispering
In each other's ears as we 
Waited in line for the next
Ride of our lives.

This was the moment
Where I believed we 
Were going to last forever,
Holding onto Disney Magic.

Photos in front of 
Walle & Eve, your smile
So magical that it felt 
Like a dream.

A dream I never thought
I'd wake up from.
The way you looked into 
My eyes couldn't be fake.

Or could it? 
How did I let my dream
Consume my judgement?
As you held me close

During the Haunted Mansion.
Stealing kisses when it was 
Dark enough, my skin
Trembling every time you touched me.

My arms wrapped around 
Your neck as you held me
At my waist, feeling so tiny.
Pulling you closer.

I dug my face beneath your 
Chin as you hugged me--
Whispering into my ears,
Believing in our future.

Disney Magic fell around us.
The Christmas tree sparkling
In TownSquare, crowded
Moments filled the air.

Even though the world 
Made us feel like we were the
Only two people sharing this moment.
I wish I had more time.

To believe that this Disney
Magic would last forever.
But just like every dream
It vanishes once we open our eyes.

These memories will last 
Forever even if we're not 
Meant to last. You will
Always be the love of my life.

Even when I am not yours.
I'll always remember you
Beneath the starlight.
Your brown eyes, your luscious hair.

Your laugh ringing in my ears
As we teased each other.
Yet, holding on tight until our
Eyes fell asleep.

And you wished me goodnight,
Which will always be better than anything I write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Our World... Your World... My World

Some Day You'll Stay