The Same Girl You Left Me For

I want this to end.
Don't want to feel.
Don't want to think.
Don't want to love.

You make it a habit.
Talking to me just 
To see what I'd say.
You haven't changed.

The brokenness you feel
Has always been existent
Even in the time we spent 
Together...making me feel broken.

I deserved more time.
I deserved to be loved.
I deserved your trust.
I deserved your commitment.

You speak words of regret.
But your actions don't change.
You say leaving me was your 
Biggest mistake.

Then you make it clear
That you're still with the 
Same girl you left me for.
The same girl you spent

More than 365 days with.
Giving her the time I deserved.
Giving her the attention I deserved.
You haven't changed.

I don't think you ever will.
By the time you realize it.
The opportunity of us
Would be long gone.

I can't wait for you to wake up.
I've moved on and you did too.
You only gave me 7 months.
210 days...that's all I deserved in your eyes.

You have no right to tell
Me that you're regretful
When she's the one
You hold, while I lay cold.

You say you're unhappy.
I don't see you changing.
I don't see you growing.
I don't see you keeping your promises.

You say you weren't happy
When we were together.
If you weren't happy then 
There's nothing to regret.

You claim to have been blinded
And scarred...that you shouldn't
Have let me go.
But you're still with the same girl

You left me for.
Your words mean nothing to me.
Your actions speak louder.
So do me the favor...

Don't talk to me about your 
Regrets of walking away.
When you have a girl beside you.
It isn't right. It's wrong.

Grow up and find yourself.
Don't expect me to wait for you.
I won't...I have my life to live.
So do you.

Stay with her, be with her,
Marry her, and be miserable--
Or be happy. Don't expect me 
To be waiting for you.

You don't deserve any ounce 
Of my attention.
Just as long as you're with her.
The same girl you left me for.

A girl to remind you that you
Aren't that broken.
A girl to remind you that you 
LOST me.

You made your choice.
And I've accepted it.
So don't come back
And expect me to trust you.

But if you're going to come back.
I need to see change. I can't 
Resort to the same man who broke 
My heart more times than I can count.

You have to work for it.
Until then, I'm going to live
My life without you. A life
You didn't want to be a part of.

While she tends to your bed.
I'll be cutting our thread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Only Exist In Love

Our World... Your World... My World