Home

Your eyes were my favorite
The chocolaty surface
That gazed into my face
With simplicity and truth.

My heart fluttering by
Your touch that Friday
Evening beneath the stars.
Your touch felt like a piece

Of Heaven, so beautiful.
I felt like I had the world
Because I had you.
My childhood love

Igniting that ember 
Inside my heart.
Revived, New, Transformed.
The touch of your skin

Electrified all my senses
As I pulled you close on
That one humid night.
The promise of Forever

Stained your lips with
A brokenness I didn't 
Think was possible
Until seven months later.

When you played the piano
I felt my heart drum
To the rhythm of your tune.
The softness of your hair

Was also one of my favorites.
Raking my fingertips 
Through your hair 
Gave me an ease

I didn't know existed.
The beat of your heart
Synched with mine
Like two bodies 

But one soul.
Most of all, my best 
Favorite thing
Was you loving me

The way I loved you.
Sitting beside me 
As I dug my face into
The crook of your neck.

Security in a set of arms.
Made me feel like I was
Home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only Exist In Love

Those Three Words

If I Were To Write Our Story