One Morning

It's weird I woke up
One morning with 
A heavy chest,
And soaked pillows.

Wrapped up in your
Green jacket, the one
You gave me when
We went ice skating.

Knowing that the sun
Shined brightly through
The windows but that my
Eyes were stained with sadness.

Waking up to a morning
With the lack of good
Morning texts that said, 
"Good morning Darling"

A phrase that always lit
Up my face brighter than
The sun itself. But my heavy heart
Fell into the acid of my stomach.

I woke up one morning
Knowing that you weren't
Mine to hold, to love, and
To keep safe.

My arms were empty
And the memories leaked
Out only the bad ones.
I willed for the good ones

To flood my mind.
To make me forget.
To understand what happened.
Begging to hear those three words again.

They were silent.
You fell silent 
And I blamed myself for it.
Blamed myself for the tears

In your eyes, the
Poison spilling from your tongue,
The storm inside your mind,
And the words I didn't say.

I woke up one morning.
With heavy eyelids that were
Sealed shut with tears
And a heart that wouldn't

Stop aching.
Heavy breathing encompassed
My room, feeling the cold
Breeze wrap around my throat.

Calling out to you in silence.
Leaving you with your 
Bitter thoughts of what 
Could've been, if you stayed.

A year later, the thoughts 
Simmer in the back of my mind.
Knowing that I deserved better.
Knowing that I deserve a FULL man.

Rather than half a man.
I woke up this morning
Knowing that you don't affect
Me anymore.

I'm going to keep walking
Proud of who I became
Despite of you wasting my time.
My precious time.

Time that I could've given
To someone else, someone
Worthy of it. 
I wake up knowing

That the sun will keep 
Shining, that my heart will
Keep soaring, and soon my 
Mind will forget you.

As time passes on.
I'll get better.
Knowing that you won't
Ever be better

As long as you let yourself
Be used until you're no longer
Needed, setting yourself up
For another failure.

You want to be with someone
Who gives you want you want.
Instead of being with someone
Who will challenge you to be better.

I wake up knowing that
I will be okay.
While you're unsure of 
Your future.

I am sure of mine.
It's bright and beautiful.
Even fulfilled.
Knowing that one morning

I will wake up understanding
Why we didn't work out.
Why you were too immature
To handle someone like me.

I will wake up with
A loved heart and 
Bright eyes alongside 
A man who proved 

To me what true love really was.
That when we were together
You hoped for your darkness to pass.
And that wasn't love.

You failed to see me.
The real me and you will
Miss out on something 
That could've been the 

Next Best seller. But will
Forever inked with heartbreak. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Only Exist In Love

If I Were To Write Our Story