Broken Souls

My heart is uneasy.
Feeling as though
My chest has been scraped hollow.
Holding my breath

To the endless silence.
My voice has lost its
Rhythm, feeling as though
It disappeared in the 

Minutes of your departure. 
I shouldn't have held you tight.
I shouldn't have said "I love you."
I shouldn't have trusted you.

My hands are numb
To the poison running through
My veins, wanting you 
But not able to manifest your return.

I know you're no longer mine to hold.
I know you have someone
Holding you close, being with you
Every minute of everyday.

I know I lost you.
Not in the best way.
I thought I had forever with you.
Then I realized that you're not here.

That you're not here in my suffering.
Reminding me that you love me.
I know that I made mistakes.
Many of the arguments 

Were out of worry and care for you.
I told you I was sorry
But I shouldn't have said it.
You hurt me.

You broke my heart again.
I'm being forced to live without you.
Again.
You forced my hand.

So, my heart feels uneasy.
Holding my breath to your memory.
Hoping you'll come back so I 
Can tell you everything I wanted to say.

The things that have been slowly 
Sucking me dry. 
Wanting to hear your voice
One last time.

In my heart, I know you'll come back
Although in three months
You replaced us.
You made it look so easy.

Made me think I deserved it.
Made me believe that I wasn't enough.
My voice wants to call you.
To remind me that you fell out of love.

So I can move on.
And forget the way you made
Me feel so low.
Broken.

Wanting to forget the timestamps.
The history between two souls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our World... Your World... My World

Those Three Words

Only Exist In Love