The Void

It's very hard not to miss you. 
Every breath I take gets harder.
Your eyes were my cherished view.
You were my suit of armor.

Every vein in my body boiled with your love.
Now it just sizzles with pain.
Lost like an unforeseen glove.
Battered like an unwired brain.

It's very hard not to love you.
I think about you all the time.
Remembering you in a moment of hue.
As we took that high climb. 

You shine brighter than the sun.
Blinding me with your smile.
I'd give anything for you to be the one.
While you watch me walk down the aisle.

But it's very hard not to hear your voice.
I remember your tone.
You've given me no choice,
But to throw away the stone.

Just know, you were all I ever needed.
To fill this void inside my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those Three Words

Our World... Your World... My World

Some Day You'll Stay